Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine in Greenberry

Tuesday 19 March 2013




Hi Cherubs!

If you are a polish lover you will definitely have seen Barry M's new Gelly Hi-Shine and Textured nail polishes. I popped into Superdrug with the aim of picking up a Textured polish and ended up getting this gorgeous Gelly Hi-Shine too because I loved the colour to much!!

Greenberry is a bright aqua green colour, no shimmer or glitter with (as the name implies) a shiny gelly like finish and is opaque in two coatsThis is a polish which I think you need a little time to apply. The formula of the polish is slighter thicker than normal so they have made the brush thinner than other Barry M's allowing you to get a thin coat. I tried to use the three stroke method to get a nice even coat as I found if I tried to do more it started to look a little streaky.

This is not a polish you can slap on quickly before you go out, it takes a little time and patience to make sure each coat is perfectly dry. But the result is gorgeous! It does what it says and is beautifully shiny with no need for top coat! Greenberry is a particularly vibrant colour...I adore aqua colours especially for the summer. I have actually been looking for something like the colour on this previous post for quite a long time. Barry M Greenberry is a quite similar in tone and vibrancy but slightly more on the greener side rather then the blue show in the linked post. Greenberry screams summer to me...*drifts off to a dessert island filled with white sands, crystal sea, palm trees and cocktails* ...

Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine nail polishes are £3.99 for 10ml and are available from Superdrug.

Cherry Lane xoxo



14 comments:

  1. Mint is such a flattering shade na? bring it on summers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. absolutely!! It was snowing here 2 days ago so any glimmer of summer I get, I'm taking it! lol

      Delete
  2. That colour is gorgeous!!! Heard the gellies stamp well, too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah really?!! I don't have any stamps yet but hoping to change that very soon!! :-) x

      Delete
  3. Omg i need Greenberry in my life its a pretty color xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thats exactly what I thought when I saw it! Its a beaut!

      Delete
  4. This colour looks amazing, but I have a lot of similar shades to this in my nail polish collection. However Barry M nail polish is the best in my opinion so I'm sure I will purchase these at some point!
    Sarah xoxo | Beeauty Geek

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah! I know what you mean..I have quite a few mints in my collection too but I kinda feel like I'm over the mint creme's now...This barry m is so much brighter than your standard mint creme

      Delete
  5. really wanna get this colour it's fab plus blueberry one xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colour of this. I'm wearing it just now, it is pretty bright which I love! And you can't beat the shine!

    Only downside I've found is that it chips the next day even with top coat on which is a bummer. It's a shame as the colours in the range are fab.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. this shade is almost too beautiful! I love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. this shade is so beautiful! it looks lovely on you!! spring ready!! <3
    big hugs <3 following you in bloglovin! <3

    ReplyDelete