Nigella's Cherry Cheesecake

Sunday 11 December 2011

Hey everyone! How are you all doing?! So this weekend I decided to making a cheesecake using...yes you guessed it...cherries!! As this was my first time making a cheesecake I wanted to try the non-baked type with a simple recipe so this one by Nigella was perfect! It was super easy to make and tasted so good! The cheesecake itself was quite creamy and not as thick set as I was expecting but then I again I did only leave it in the fridge for 3 hours so maybe it might set more overnight. I also found that crunchy base was a little thin for my personal taste so I think next I might add a few more Digestives to make the base abit thicker. But these are just minor observations and the cheesecake was still delicious!! Oh and I used a lovely locally made cherry jam that I bought when I went to Rochester...it was so nice!

INGREDIENTS

125g digestive biscuits
75g soft butter
300g cream cheese
60g icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp lemon juice
250ml double cream
1x 284g jar of cherry reserve

METHOD Serves 6-8

1. Blitz the biscuits in a food processor until beginning to turn to crumbs, then add the butter and whiz again to make the mixture clump.
2. Press this mixture together in a 20cm springform tin; press a little up the sides to form a slight ridge.
3. Beat together the cream cheese, icing sugar, vanilla extract and lemon juice in a bowl until smooth.
4. Lightly whip the double cream, and then fold it into the cream cheese mixture.
5. Spoon the cheesecake filling on top of the biscuit base and smooth with a spatula. Put it in the fridge for 3 hours or overnight.
6. When you are ready to serve the cheesecake, unmould it and spread the black cherry over the top.

Cut into big slices and enjoy!!

Cherry Lane xoxo






















2 comments:

  1. uuuuumh... this sounds yummy... And I think I can even smell that wonderful smell coming from your kitchen.ha. enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete