Fashion Spotlight: Zuhair Murad

Tuesday 20 December 2011

Hi girlies! I have to admit I'm not the most fashionable person in the world but I do love looking at all the gorgeous couture dresses on the red carpet and so I wanted to share with you my absolute favourite fashion designer - Zuhair Murad. He is a Lebanese designer based in Beirut. After studying in Paris and gaining some recognition internationally he opened his first atelier in Beirut in 1995. He is a relative newcomer to fashion scene but through his stunning couture he has established a high reputation.

His style has been described as reminiscent of Egyptian princesses and Greek goddess which I agree with but I can also see his eastern background reflected in his couture. I love the flowing fabrics which remind me of Indian sari's, embroidery details reminiscent of mehandi (henna) designs and the elegant colours used all centred around emphasising the beauty of womens silhouette.

Below are some of his pieces worn by celebrities on the red carpet. I would really love to hear about your favourite designers or dresses that you have seen and have fallen in love with!  

Jennifer Lopez - American Music Awards 2011

Kerry Washington - Emmy Awards 2011

Taylor Swift - Vanity Fair Oscar Party 2011

Camila Alves - Vanity Fair Oscar Party 2011

Blake Lively - Times 100 Influential People Gala 2011

Jennifer Lopez - Golden Globe Awards 2011

Nina Dobrev - Emmy Awards 2010

Cheryl Cole - X Factor 2010

Selena Gomez - Justin Timberlake Friends and Familiy Concert 2010

Anna Kendrick - Trevor Live 2010

Blake Lively - Gossip Girl

Cheryl Cole - X Factor 2010

Kim Kardashian - FiFi Awards 2010

Jennifer Carpenter - Emmy Awards 2009


I especially loooooved his Spring Summer 2011 collection with incredily with so many absolutely stunning design...this is where I really saw the eastern influence of sari's and mehandi. Here are some of my favourites with a couple extras from other collections (sorry this is pic heavy but I just love all these outfits and really want to share them!) I hope you enjoy!












Video of Paris Spring/Summer 2011 Couture Show



Images source: http://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/
Other Sources: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zuhair_Murad

No comments:

Post a Comment